Wednesday, March 15, 2006

NEWSWEEK MAGAZINE Error:Richard Jadick DO: Osteopathic Physician and War Hero

Newsweek magazine has a cover article titled: “He Saved 30 Lives in One Battle…Hero MD The Amazing Story of the War’s Most Fearless Doctor.”

Unfortunately, Newsweek identified Dr. Jadick as an MD, not the DO he is, who graduated from the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine.

I urge Newsweek to inform its readers that there are two types of physicians in the US – DOs and MDs – and cease using “MD” as a synonym for all physicians.

2 comments:

Mr. Bill said...

I just finished reading "On Call In Hell". DO vs MD....how cares? A great read written by a real and humble person. Greatly heightened my interest in what really is going on over there.

I even spent 5 weeks at Cherry Point, North Carolina (Havelock) and selling childrens educational books while in college (1979)and happened to run into a friend from my hometown who was a Navigator on a cargo plane (C-130 I believe). He showed me around and I got to see the Marine Corp life first hand. I have renewed respect for the Marines...

Bill Wellington
Chico, CA

Bubba Jones said...

I think if DOs had the acronym of OMD for Osteopathic Medical Doctors, there would be less confusion about DOs being physicians.